
I don't know how many of you saw the Roxy balloon at Cardiff this passed weekend BUT I know I sure did! I got home on friday with a note from my step dad letting me know about the Roxy Surf Competition (it is the biggest event at Cardiff every year). I had never been to a surfing competition so I really wanted to go. I know I have never been to a competition but I have a small feeling that the sponsors and the tents that were there are VERY different from a males competition. Schick was handing out razors, and Paul Mitchell was giving hair cuts for $10, then there was Emergen-C handing out Pink lemonade samples and giving information on breast cancer - for some reason i don't think they would have that at a males event.....BUT either way it was a blast - I had so much fun cheering on the local girls (2 of them were awesome, one from PB and one from Oceanside). They even had a juniors event, and those girls are GOOD! And then I decided to hop in the water and show them what I am made of and got signed by Roxy.....WHAT?!?!?!!??! You don't believe it? Come on? Seriously? I invented the new way of doing an el rollo, no it has not caught on yet, and I am not sure if I could ever do it again, but thats not the point. I also came up with a new way of catching a wave....catching it going backwards is not as easy as it looks, because then you are surfing backwards too......bellow is a picture of me showing my stuff.

Oh now you are going to tell me that you don't think that looks like me? : D
Ok so I didn't get signed BUT IT WOULD HAVE BEEN AWESOME to be able to surf with those girls - learning so much from them! I can't wait for next year : D

1 comments:
it does look like you except i've never seen you on a short board
Post a Comment