Wednesday, September 17, 2008
Possum Update
So about ten days ago we had a possum in the house....YES I call it a possom it must be a texas thing because only people from texas call it a possum and not an opposum. Anyway my stepdad got it out of the house by using a broom. Later that night my mom spotted the possum trying to get back into the house (apparently our house is very inviting to not only people but to strange animals aswell; I have another animal story but I will get into that later). So we had to keep all our doors closed at all times, because honestly who really wants a possum in your house? eatnig your food? sleeping in your bed? sounds kind of like a childhood sotry doesn't it? and those bears didn't like someone strange in their house either. Anyway, I came home today after surfing (Sheena I am sorry that my experiences with surfing always seem to go better then yours) and I found the possum in our back yard again.....not a happy ending though.....apparently last night the possum was trying to get into the house and Buddy (the dog) would have nothing of it, he was going to defend the family from this little possum who maybe weighed 1 lb. Poor thing didn't make it, so I had to call the animal control people to get the possum who is now in heaven to get removed from the property; because even though I think they are cute little animals I don't think that me getting rabies or the plague from a possum would be a good thing. ANYWHO, for all you people who ever need a dead animal removed, the city of San Diego will not remove an animal who is on private property - you would have to pay to get it removed. It ended out being a sad turn out for the possum, but Buddy sure felt good protecting his family the way he did. I feel like we need to remember Bob the possum, a few minutes of silence please
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment