CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, September 19, 2008

Is This Country Becoming Socialist?

I am sorry, I usually keep all my politics to myself but it is getting to the point that I feel people need to see what is trully happening to our country. Haven't people ever wanted to do something for themselves? haven't you ever wanted to take care of yourself and your family? I know I always have.....
Yes socialism has worked in other countries, but they are countries that do not want what they can't afford, unlike this country. There are so many people who are only in debt because they always want what they can't afford and what they don't need. Yes I would love to have a saleen mustang, especially the PJ, but do I own one? NO I own a 1997 jeep. Yes I would love to own a house on the beach but do I go out and take out a loan that I will never be able to afford? NO, what do I do? I make sure I do not have more bills that I am able to pay and I put money away for later when something happens and I need to bail MYSELF out. I started saving for retirement years ago, why don't more people focus on that instead of hoping for our country to help us out later? People do not realize that the money we are payingin social security won't be there later for us. Even if you only put away $20 a month, that is $20 you didn't have before, why count on your country to bail you out, when in all reality you will be paying them back more in th long run.....Hmmm the government is "bailing" out banks who gave loans to people who could not afford them....interesting.....so people made silly mistakes ten years ago, and what now? Now I am going to have to pay higher taxes, when I knew and my family knew that they could not afford to buy a new house. Trust me I like Denmark which is a very socialist country, BUT the people also have a different mentality, the USA will never be able to be socialist, yes it is ideal to know that your country can help you out when it comes to money, but honestly OUR govenrment can't afford it right now, WE the people can't afford it right now. If the government would have left everything alone in a few months everything would have balanced out, yes there would be some hard times, BUT MAYBE ITS TIME FOR PEOPLE TO DEAL WITH HARD TIMES, maybe it's ok for people to know that no matter how much they mess up, there WON'T be someone there (someone you don't know) to bail you out. I am more then willing to help out my family. Yes I do know that when you get older things getting rough, but you know what? thats why I am saving money now, thats why I am ok with helping out the elders in my family or donating money to help people out.....BUT hte government is not the answer to our ecomony....unless you want to become socialist like Obama wants...which if you are ready to pay almost 40% in taxes then GREAT...our income tax may not be as high.....but the taxes on "luxury" items like food increases to 40%.....I bet we will all be happy then that a government that is in debt "bailed" out people who should have known better to buy something they could not afford

1 comments:

Amy said...

I couldnt agree more!!!