I have recently found out that this part of life can be very hard, stressful, and disapointing. You do and see things that make you smile, which are wonderful, but when the lows come it seems like it is very low. It seems like we don't want to let go of the fun we had in college because then we will have to become true adults. Yes we live on our own, but didn't we do the same when in school? Yes we work, but didn't most of us work while we were in school? Yes we pay bills, but we still had some bills we had to pay, even if it was making sure our tuition was paid on time. How can we move onto the next stange in life if we are still hanging on to what we had a few years ago? How can we trully enjoy being an adult if we still want to play like a college student?
To be able to trully become an adult you have to realize theses things in life and realize that to be able to enjoy life in the stage we must be entering into (even if you entered it over a year ago and it took you this long to realize). I am not refering to getting married and starting a family. I am refering to being an adult, taking responsibilities, actually understanding respect, and realizing that if you trully want something it will not be handed to you.
I have finally realized these things now. In the eyes of the government I have been an adult for atleast 3 years, on other goverment eyes for 6 (going on 7), yet when someone called me a woman I didn't like how it sounded. I would think I am not a woman, a woman has a career, has a family, has responsibilities, a woman can no longer have fun.
But I have realized that I truly am a woman, and that these values that I saw as a woman having are not ALL true.
1. I do have responsibilities, to myself and to my family.
2. I do have a career, and I absolutely love it!
3. You can enjoy life, you just don't have to do it by doing things that teenagers do.
4. I do have a family, the greatest family in the world.
5. I do have some amazing friends, not everybody is a friend some are just people you know, but your true friends understand when you are ready to become the woman that you have been fighting to become.
I finally am at my next stage in life, and I am grasping to it tight, and loving every minute of it. It seems like the more I try and do things that I enjoyed and did as a college student the more I realize that its holding me back and that I can not become the person I was meant to be. To the people who have been there and helpedme get to this stage, THANK YOU, I LOVE YOU AND REALLY DO APPRECIATE YOU!
Me in my previous stage being a fun loving college girl that I loved being when it was the right moment in time for me to be! : D



Me entering the real world, becoming an adult, and becoming the woman that I trully have strived to become.


0 comments:
Post a Comment