It seems that there are always people who enjoy and can't wait for general conference and there are the people who would rather be doing something outdoors with the family or friends. I wish that would have been the reason that I missed general conference this weekend, unfortunately it was caused by way too much drama consuming my entire weekend. People didn't show up to work so I got called into Petco early, then I had to change my phone number because people who I did not want to have my number got my number and I do not know how it happened. So I got my number changed on Saturday and now I have more people that I do not even know harassing me on my phone. While I am trying to figure this whole mess out on how people now got my new number, even people I don't know who got my number and are bothering me now, I have decided to listen to conference on my computer. You would think it would be hard to listen to conference while at work running some samples, and also while dealing with people contacting me and saying inappropriate things when I don't even know them, BUT NO.....General Conference is amazing and you can't listen to it or read any of the speeches without feeling calm and being at ease.....I am so thankful for general conference and I am glad that we have it every six months : D
I have only got to listen to a few speeches so far but I really liked Elder Anderson's speech.....here are a few things that I liked about it;
Elder Neil Anderson - Presidency of the Seventy
You don't know everything but you know enough (for missions).
Nephi - I know the he loveth his children nevertheless I don't know the meaning of all things
You do know God loves you, you know he does - I do know God loves me, he didn't know everything but he knew enough, he knew God loved him.
As I hear more of what I like I will be posting it here
Elder Aidukaitis - He told a story about people who would disown their child if they became a member of the church. Family means everything to the church so that fact that he took that chance to be a member shows just how much he truly believes in the The Book Of Mormon, and shows me that the hardships I have dealt with are nothing compared to the hardships I have dealt with by joining the church. A warm heart is sent to this amazing man.
President Uchtdorf (listening to him is amazing) - hope, faith, and charity; a three legged stool. Hope has the power to fill our lives with happiness, hope is a gift of the spirit. It is hope that threw the atonement of Jesus Christ and the resurrection we shall be raised into life eternal because of our FAITH in our savior.
Elder Weirthlin - I love the scriptures because they show examples of great and nobel men and women.
Elder Bednar - We are commanded to pray always. I testify that prayer becomes more meaningful as we counsel with the lord in all of our doings. As we express heartfell gratitude and prayfor others with real intent and a sincere mind.
It was amazing when the children sang We Thank Thee, O Lord, For Our Prophet....SMILES ALL AROUND
Monday, October 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment