CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, September 25, 2011

National Museum Day

I love holidays, all of them! If I could I would celebrate every single holiday, I would! I feel like they make the world a happier place, they definitely make me happy. When Sean came up to me yesterday and told me it was National Museum Day I was excited! And Sean asked if we could go to one of the museums, he thought it would be fun and they were free! I jumped on it and said "YES!" Although from Sean's side of the story I wasn't that excited, but I was sure thinking it! We decided to go to this neat museum in Encinitas called The Lux. It is a museum which features a new artist about every 8 weeks. The artist comes to the museum and displays some of his/her art, has a video on how some of those pieces were made, talks to to people who come in and also works on a piece of art for about 6 weeks. It is a pretty cool idea! They also have art classes for 8-14 year olds! I think it is awesome and enjoyed being able to experience it. There were also some jewelry artists displayed and I saw some work by Thais Pacci which I really like. She sells some of her work at the museum and also on Etsy, here is a link to see her work.

paccidesigns.com

0 comments: