Lately I have been all about trying to make new things. This morning, my very first butternut squash risotto! I was so excited! I love risotto and I love butternut squash, what is there not to like?
I made it and I thought it turned out great, on the other hand Sean looked at it and said "what do you do with this now?", I looked at him and said "you eat it". He hasn't tried it but maybe because it is only 10AM, but I am determined to get him to try it, because it is pretty awesome.
I also made two kinds of "bird nests". Yes, I said "bird nests". It is a fun way to incorporate all of you breakfast foods into one easy muffin shaped treat!
The first one involves making a nest out of hashbrowns using a muffin tin, you then combine your egg, cheese, ham, vegetables, etc and place it inside the hashbrown nest and bake, YUM!
The second is a much easier version. You make a nest out of bread using a muffin tin, you then crack one egg in the middle and bake. This is a lot easier and I liked the fact that it had a runny yolk, unlike the hashbrown nest which has scrammbled eggs.
Both yummo, Sean liked the ones with the sausage better, he is such a man and I love him for it!
Sunday, September 11, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment