My mom and I have decided we love to run races! Absolutely love it! We decided to try doing the 3 mile Boot Camp Challenge as a training tool for the 6 mile mud run we run in the summer. We actually went onto the San Diego Marine Recruit Depot and ran the obstacles that the marines in training run....OH and did I mention that we were also yelled at my drill instructors to make sure we did everything right and fast enough?!?!?!?! It was so much fun and I laughed for most of it, except when I pushed myself a little too hard and almost got sick :/ But hey that is what the Marines do right? And having a brother who is in the Army I had to show them what my family is made of :)
I thought I would have to recover for a few hours like I had to for the mud run, but nope. Five minutes after I crossed the finish line I felt like I could do it again! Which is good because in three weeks we have another 3 mile mud run! So excited!
Sunday, September 25, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment