CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, November 6, 2009

Jewish Sabbath Dinners

Who knows about them? I know, a lot of people especially if you are jewish.....unfortunatley I don't have many Jewish friends so I knew nothing about them until tonight. For about 4 weeks I was nannying for three of the coolest boys ever. I really enjoyed getting to know them and didn't think I would get attached, but I totally did. I have only been gone from them for a week and I am already back over at their house visiting. I forgot that they have HUGE dinners on friday nights because their Sabbath is saturday. Anywho, if I ate as much as I did tonight every friday I would probably weigh 100 pounds more - it's like thanksgiving every friday. I found out about grape juice being passed from the oldest to the youngest, about washing your hands before you bless the food and pass the bread, and why jewish holidays start the night before the date on the calender (jewish days go from sundown to sundown, makes a little more sense now doesn't it).
They usually have fish for one of the dishes, thats right dishes, so w e had spicy salmon. Which went great with the challah bread, which I have to say is kind of a mixture between a soft pretzle and potato bread - I know I know sounds weird but it's true and it's awesome! I had a great time and can't wait to have another dinner with them, it really was like having a thanksgiving meal a few weeks early.

1 comments:

Kristen said...

LOVE the new blog theme!