CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, November 16, 2009

Baptisms For The Dead

Ever since the YSA conference people from my ward have been trying to do more baptisms. We have heard that people in SD go to the temple less now that we have a temple in SD then when we had to go to Newport. When I heard this I realized that before conference I had only gone to the temple once in a year so I decided that I should try and start going more often. As the months passed I started to think about doing baptisms for my own family members. As of right now I do not have enough information on my ancestors but I started working on it. As I started doing some genology I realized that right now I have full information on my grandmother and my grandfather. I knew it wasn't a lot but I figured I could start somewhere, and the thought of maybe having the chance to do a baptism for my grandmother got me very excited. So excited that I started to feel like I really didn't want anybody else to do the baptism for herwas not even an option. BUT when I found out that someone else had already done a baptism for her, I got increadibly excited and started to cty because I knew that she was having the chance to learn about the gospel. I have always enjoyed doing baptisms for the dead but knowing that my grandmother was given that chance makes me appreciate that much more that we have the chance to do baptisms for the dead.

Thank you Lord for giving us the chance to do this work for people that have come before us.

0 comments: