I know, Chinatown. Normally when you would think of me and food you would think Italian not Chinese. BUT Jeff loves Chinese food, loves it. We happened to be in Hollywood on Monday so he decided that we would first go to Little Armenia and get some food to take home, and then go to Chinatown for lunch.
He informed me that he didn't think it looked like a traditional Chinatown, but I had never seen any Chinatown so I was not disapointed when I saw it.
There were bright red chinese lanterns, very colorful buildings, and they even decorated a Christmas tree with chinese lanterns. I smiled when I saw it.
As we walked through Chinatown we stepped on some fire crackers, it made me laugh a little more :)
Jeff was not sure where he wanted to go but he knew he wanted to go to a Dim Sum restaurant. I had never been to one so I didn't knwo what to expect. The minute I sat down I was stressed. I felt like I was at a used car dealership with 5 ladies around me speaking a language I don't understand asking me if I want some "shjkhjahkjsfsd". Finally Jeff started saying yes and no, but I am not sure if he even knew what we were getting. Once we had a table that was full everything seemed to slow down and we could eat in piece. Well as peaceful as we could considering about half of the table was having issues eating with chopsticks.
After lunch I went outside to one of the small shops and found the most amazing "Angry Birds" beanie. It made me smile.
Overall it was a fun lunch, and it definately made me want to visit again.

0 comments:
Post a Comment