While Sean was still in Provo he told me that I should make a list of activities that I would want to do while he was home so that I would be a bit distracted on the fact that he still wasn't home because he had to go to New Hampshire for a race.
So I made, one and a pretty fun one if I do say so myself. On the list I put on kayaking. I had not been ocean kayaking in over 10 years when I had done it in Spain (so I guess it really wasn't Ocean Kayaking since we were in the Mediterranean Sea). We kept making plans to go but the plans always fell through, so this passed monday I decided we were going no matter how cold and gloomy the weather was. Unfortunately it was rather gloomy and cold, but there were some laughs involved in the whole experience.
It took a while before we could get passed the waves so that we could enjoy being out in the water, but once we got out there we sat around and talked for a while. I kept seeing dolphins swimming around us but I didn't want to interrupt Sean speaking so I didn't say anything. Once our conversation was over I thought the dolphins had left so I figured there still was no point to say anything, until I realized that the dolphins were actually circling something very close to us.....when all of a sudden I realized that there were fins headed towards us. I proceeded to tell Sean but I felt like he didn't believe me until a fin appeared about 15 feet away from us. At this point I heard a huge wooooow from Sean.....and I might have elaborated a little bit when I was telling the story and said that he screamed like a girl, but I promise he did not, it was a very manly scream in astonishment of how close the dolphins actually were.
After this we realized how cold I really was and decided to head back to shore. All in all, it was an amazing experience and oh so much fun!

0 comments:
Post a Comment