CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Idaho Trip

Over a year ago I had an opportunity to go to Idaho for a friends wedding, one thing led to another and I never made it. I had always wanted to go to Idaho so I was a little upset, but I figured I would be able to go again.

AND I DID!

A few weeks ago I went up to Idaho for one of Seans cousin's wedding...and what an exciting trip it was! We drove up to St. George on the thursday and got in at about 2 AM. The next day we drove up to Salt Lake and decided to have Sean's grandparents join us in the car for the rest of the drive up to Idaho Falls. I had not got much sleep in the previous two nights, so needless to say I was a little tired and decided to take a nap. I then woke up just 5 minutes before we crossed the Idaho border. I was a ad bit excited!

I then got to hear about all the people that everybody knew in Idaho and everywhere that they lived. I inturn stayed quiet most of the time since the only people I knew to have lived in Idaho where no longer there, or I didn't know where in Idaho they were.

As we arrived in Idaho Falls we had to quickly check in and go to Rexburg for a birthday party, where I got to meet a whole lot of people, which I don't think I got more then 50% of their names down, but I was trying really hard.

On the way back from the birthday party there was an amazing lightning storm (which apparently Rexburg is known for). In the morning it was another early morning to be able to be at the temple in Rexburg by 9:30 for the ceremony. Needless to say Julia, Olivia, and I got to drive around the amazingly exciting Rexburg where we discovered that the Walmart really was their "mall". Then it was off the the luncheon which was held in the building right next door to the temple so that worked out great. Well we didn't get to go to the luncheon right away, we did take some family pictures.

After the luncheon we got to go out for dessert at Craigos where we got Oreo, Cookie Dough, and Peach pizza. My personal favorite was the peach but all the kids loved the Oreo one.

Then there was a cute reception where we had creamed filled cupcakes and then the entire family went to the movies to watch a movie.

The next day was the most exciting. We decided to caravan back down to Salt Lake just for fun. It ended up being a great idea because one of the cars got a flat tire in Blackfoot, and we had to stop for a towing company to come get the car. So that we didn't have 15 people on the side of the road all of us except two got into one suburban and drove to the Wendy's where we proceeded to get frostys and play bananagrams.

They ended up not ebing able to fix the tire since it is Idaho and a sunday so about 12 of us get into one suburban and we drive the rest of the way to Ogden and drop of Erin who was going to a basketball camp. We then get into Salt Lake and spend the night at Seans grandparent's place and I fly back to Cali just in time for work the following day. Oh and I almost forgot, I got to go to Provo and see Ash for about 45 min!

0 comments: