Growing up in Spain meant not really experiencing the fourth of july, needless to say as soon as my mom had a house where she felt she could have bbq's she decided that she would start celebrating.
This fourth of july was a special one for the family. My brother is still in training in Arizona and he got leave to be able to come home for the weekend, so we were all very excited about that.
As the more I started to look at the plans for my weekend the more I realized that I had a lot going on. Never have I ever had three BBQ's in one weekend, but I got to experience that this year.
The fourth was not only on a sunday it was fast sunday, so the food was even better! We had so much food at my mom's that I can't even start to recall everything we had. What I can recall is the fact that Sean got to meet even more of my family. He got to meet my twin brother and my step-grandparents, not too many people so I was not too worried about overwhelming him. We had a whole lot of fun in the sun and got to get a few bumps and bruises from playing with the kids!
Then it was off to the Cornwell's where we could have some more food and get to see the fireworks. Now this was a huge party! There were something like 6 families there, I couldn't even count all of the people there.
The following day there was another BBQ, but this time it was at the Eddington's, and when I say Eddington's I mean Larry Eddington not Jeff Eddington, man I am starting to have to really know people's names. It was fun and I got to shoot, which I feel was greatly needed for the 4th Of July.
All in all the weekend was great, and I got to eat the three things which I feel are required for a BBQ to be complete, potato salad, baked beans, and cole slaw.....maybe it is the midwesterner coming out in me but I have to have all three to make it feel like an actual BBQ.
Thursday, July 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment