Over the last few months my mom and I have been running more and more outside at lagoons, the beach, and on trails. We do not enjoy running on a treadmill, we would rather run in the rain, wind and cold then run indoors on a treadmill. Tutoring got canceled today so I texted my mom and we decided to meet at a lagoon in Cardiff. The entire trail is supposed to be 7 miles long, which is definately a good distance when training for the Mudd Run which is 6 miles long. We started running and came across a few creatures, mostly lizards, birds, squirels, and a rabbit, which none of them bother me so I wasn't too concerened, when out of the blue I see a long thin slinky tail and realize it is a snake. Now don't get me wrong I love animals and nature, I enjoy camping, going on hikes, and swimming in lakes.....but snakes and I DO NOT GET ALONG! I might have stopped dead in my tracks and gave one of the girliest screeches that has ever come out of my mouth. My mom even stopped and asked me what was going on, when she heard it was a snake she kept on running like it was no big deal.....ugh snakes.
I will give my reasoning on why I do not like snakes very much. When I was 6 years old my elementary school thought it would be a good idea to take the entire school to the zoo (they are also the ones who thought children in pre-school could watch Jurassic Park). The zoo sounds a nice place for children right? Well this zoo had a special exhibit on snakes. They had some of the most poisenous snakes all locked up in little shoebox sized glass enclousures where they would strike at the glass. Then they proceeded to show us what could happen to the human body if you got bit by a poisenous snake and didn't get the antidote. SOOOOO not pretty! Anywho, so now no matter what kind of snake I see (even if it is a green snake, a coral snake, or gardner snake) this is what I see.

Even with this horrible beast looking at me (or maybe lookinig the other way while trying to get out of my path), the run was a lot of fun and we did also get a little bit of sun. : )
0 comments:
Post a Comment