I don't know how many people know about how my mom's side of the family celebrates christmas, but we celebrate on Christmas Eve not Christmas Day. Needless to say I was a little sad that I had to work on Christmas Eve, but happy that I got out of work early enough to be able to help my mom to make our HUGE christmas eve dinner! We had a total of 13 people over for dinner, and all was prepared by my mom and I (the meal is danish so we are kind of picky about how every dish is made). My 14 month old nephew was the one who one the dessert game (who ever gets an almond in their dessert wins a prize), he didn't even realize he won, but his sisters sure did, they also realized that there was enough goodies in the prize for everybody to share :D
Then we open one gift at a time from the youngest to the oldest, I am sure you can tell that this would take a long time so we start around 7 pm. Christmas is so much better when the kids, the girls were so excited about the smallest thing that they got. To them Christmas isn't until the 25th, so to them the presents they got was only a bonus :D
I can't wait until next year when my nephew is old enough to really understand the process of opening one present at a time :D
Friday, December 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment