Have you ever noticed that there are certain times in your life when all of a sudden, wham reality hits you again and you remember once again what really matters?
There are things I have always wanted out of life. As you grow up the things you want will change, there are some things which never get taken off your priority list, some that constantly change, and others that just change on high high they are on your list. There are also the items that have always been a priority in you your life, but you never realized how much of a priority until all of a sudden someone puts something into perspective for you.
For work I was asked to go to "7 Habits Of Highly Effective People" training. At first I was not too excited about going, but once I got there everything changed. S. Covey is a amazing, and I am not just saying that because of all of the books, cd's, planners, programs etc that he has sold. He is a genius because he send his message across with the most loving and genuine character I have ever seen. I can actually see His light shinning through S. Covey. He also puts everything into perspective no matter what kind of person you are. You could be a housewife, a doctor, a gas attendant, or CEO of a company...everything he says applies to everybody.
My favorite day was day 1. I could have happily walked away after day 1 and I would have felt like I had gained so much that the price was worth it.
What did I get out of it you might ask? I learned exactly how much my priorities matter to me. I learned what I want most in life. Not what people want me to do, not what I should do for people, but what I truly want to be the happiest I can be.
General Conference, RS, books, and your ward members can teach you so much about the person our Heavenly Father wants us to be....BUT you can't figure out what YOU really want to be. What would truly make you happy. I found out 2 days ago, and I am truly thankful. I now know what I should strive to do so that I can achieve those things I value most so that I can be the happiest I can be and be the best person I can be.
Thank you S. Covey, you changed the way I think about life.
Friday, April 13, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment