CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Colorful Flavorful Popcorn!

I love holidays!
I love holiday treats!
I love parties for the holidays!

And you know what I love even more?!?!?!?!? Finding treats which are completely versatile for all holidays! And I found one. Flavored popcorn.....and you can make it any color you want!

Oh and did I mention it is ridiculously easy?!?!?!?! Here is the recipe below :)

Preheat oven to 250 degrees

Spray a medium size saucepan, wooden spoon. large mixing bowl and a baking sheet really well with Pam. (I actually lined my baking sheet with foil before spraying with Pam to make it easier to clean up)

I popped one bag of popcorn in the microwave and placed it in the large bowl. (Try to get rid of the unpopped kernels, AND please use the popcorn brand you would want to use for eating regular popcorn! This is not the time to try using generic brand popcorn, it just does not work.)

In the medium size saucepan, mix all the following well, and over medium-high heat bring to a boil. Continue to let it boil while stirring it, for about 3 or 4 minutes, till it is nice and thick.

1/4 cup margerine
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 tablespoon corn syrup
1 1/2 tablespoons water
Jello mix (3oz box)

If you want to change the color which your popcorn is just add a few drops of food coloring. My niece wanted lemon flavored popcorn, but wanted it green so I added a few drops of blue food coloring. I made red, white (plain kettle corn) and blue for the forth of July. Melissa liked the blue popcorn so much that when Christmas came around I just added a few drops of yellow food coloring and made the blue green.

Pour the Jello mixture onto the popcorn and stir it until the all the popcorn is well coated. Pour the popcorn onto the Pam coated baking sheet. Bake it for 20 mins, stirring once halfway through.

Remove from oven and place cookie sheet on a wire cooling rack, or transfer popcorn to another baking sheet lined with foil. When cool break apart into small pieces.

I promise it is a huge hit! Well unless you don't like popcorn or jello flavors!

ENJOY!

1 comments:

Sheena said...

I've had the popcorn, and I agree....It is DELICIOUS!!!!