I honestly don't think boys realize that almost everything that they say a girl remembers. Over the years I have been told over and over and over again that I needed to be more girlie. I think a lot of me not being very girlie is the fact that I grew up with my twin brother as my best friend.....do you really think that a boy wants to play with dolls? No, it is definately a lot easier for a girl to play with cars and marbles then it is for a boy to play with barbies, so I always gave in and played the boy games. As I got older, cars and marbles became indians and cowboys and thiefs and thiefs and robbers, and eventually turned into sports. When you are playing with your best friend, and are having a blast you don't realize that you are starting to have less girl qualities and more tomboy qualities.
As I got older I realized that more and more of my friends were guys, and that I had very few friends who were girls, and then boys started telling me that I had to be more girlie, how was I supposed to get a guy when I was so much like a guy. I realized that they were probably right, so I started being more girlie....wearing makeup, wearing a color I do not like at all, pink, and having more girls as friends. Every year I started to do something which made me more of a girl and less of a tomboy, and I thought I was on the right track....unfortunately not enough, apparently I am still a tomboy. Do you know what the definition of a tomboy is? a girl who behaves in a boyish manner; A tomboy is a girl who exhibits some characteristics of the gender role of a boy. REALLY! Am I really still a boy? What can I do to be a girlie girl? What's the definition of a girlie girl? girl or woman who chooses to dress and behave in a traditionally feminine style, such as wearing floral dresses, blouses and skirts, and talking about relationships and other activities which are associated with the traditional gender role of a girl; A woman who behaves in a predominantly feminine manner (that is, who is not by any means a tomboy); A feminine woman.
Do I really need to start wearing floral dresses, and start acting like a traditional female gender role? It would change everything about who I am
Tuesday, February 23, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Boys are dumb.
They complain about us women changing our minds at the drop of a hat, but guys are much worse. It seems like a good chunk of them always wants what they can't or don't have.
The guys with the uber girlie-girl wishes she could be more like one of the guys. The guys with the tomboyish girl who can keep up with the car talk wishes she could be more like a girl. They're never happy.
I think that the real issue behind the guys wanting a tomboyish girl to be more "girlie" is their innate insecurity. If the guy isn't confident in himself and his ability, then having a female who is tends to bring out the green-eyed monster.
IMO if a person can't accept you for who you are, then they're not worth having around. Telling you that you "need" to be more girlie is BS. You're more of a girlie-girl than I am, but perception is a tricky thing. I am much more petite than you, so I appear more girlie. Kari possesses more curves than you do, so she appears more girlie.
I suggest that the next time someone tells you that you "need" to change in any way, tell them to step off. Better yet, tell me and I'll tell them to step off. Having a "friend" who is constantly criticizing you is not friend at all and not worth your time or effort.
And I'm sure Kari will agree with me when I say:
WE MISS YOU OUT HERE IN MICHIGAN!!! :o)
don't change a thing. you will find someone who loves you as you are. :)
Post a Comment