CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, August 21, 2009

Most Amazing Experience

I know that there are a lot of people who do not necessarily agree with the war, and do not want any of the troops being deployed, BUT last night I saw one of my friends being deployed and it trully made me proud and thankful for the work he and his fellow marines do.

When not at work you see the goofy funny side of the men in the forces, you don't really ever get to see them being a serious marine. Seeing Brennan getting ready to leave, showed me just how seriously he takes his work.

Watching him deploy brought on so many different feelings;

The obvious one, sadness - how could you not be sad to see one of your friends leaving to go to war

Second scared - they are obviously smart about how they handle things and they have their brothers watching their back, but how can you not be scared when someone you care for like a brother is being deployed?

Last but not least, PROUD - I never saw him being the mature man which he is.....seeing him like that made me so proud knowing that he was going away to defend every single one of us.

I have always supported our troops and have always been thankful for them - I think it comes from having grown up around bases my entire life. BUT today, I have gained a whole new appreciation and respect for our troops. To all of you our troops out there.....

THANK YOU

To Brennan - I am really going to miss you, and can't wait for you to come back

0 comments: