CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, July 4, 2013

Boston Trip

With my cousin getting married in Mystic, Connecticut Sean and i decided that we should make a fun vacation out of it and went to Boston for a few days.  It was an amazing trip....the one thing I wanted to make sure to do was go shopping at an Italian market and have a picnic in the park....the one thing Sean wanted to make sure to do was see Paul Revere's home.  The first day was more of a slow moving day since we had taken the red eye to get to Boston, but day number two included exactly what we both wanted to do; a picnic in the park and visiting Paul's home.  Later that night we had the chance to meet up With Emma and Owen for dinner and dessert.  Sean was excited about dinner for two reasons; 1) He had a chance to see one of his best friends, 2) He could pay dinner with Bitcoin!  I am pretty sure that was one of the highlights of his trip, the second involved Connecticut.

On the third day we were on the East coast we drove to Connecticut for the wedding.  We were hoping to get to stop along the way, but it was pouring rain so we drove straight there.  We had a chance to hang out with a lot of family; this is a big deal because we only see the family during weddings....and he is grandchild 5 of 6, meaning we are coming to a close of this tradition.  Between the ceremony and the reception there was about a two hour break so they handed out fun little snacks.  This is where Sean's second highlight came, they passed around lobster rolls.  He was in heaven!  After four I told him he had to slow down; the kid in him said "all the other guys have had way more than me"  HOW I LOVE THE CHILD INSIDE, HE MAKES ME SMILE ALL THE TIME.

During the two hour break I noticed what was probably my second highlight of the trip.  My cousin has a little boy (not even 2 years old yet), and he was wearing the most ADORABLE saddle shoes.   I might have become obsessed with these shoes, and found them online.  When the time comes I will get a pair and they will become out little ones church shoes.

All in all it was a great trip, and a nice little relaxation before we had to come back to the real world and not take any more time off until October.





0 comments: