Over Memorial Day Weekend we went to visit the family in Texas. Three great things came out of it;
1) I had a chance to meet my new baby niece Athena
2) I saw Ian after he had been deployed, it had been over a year since I had seen him
3) All the children and grandchildren were together
Our flight into Killeen was long and bumpy, what shoudlhave taken 35 minutes ended up taking almost 4 hours. Needless to say we missed Pizza & Movie night with Erica, Lacey, Vali and Athena....but we did get to hang out with the adults, Sam and Ian :)
Those four kids make my day. They are the happiest, friendliest, nicest children I have ever met. I would say it is all because my brother has such a sweet and loving spirit but in reality it is their mom, Sam, who needs to be given all of the credit.
When Athena was first born she looked just like her older brother Vali, but over the last few months she has started to look more and more like Erica. She even smiles all of the time like Erica does. I absolutely fell in love with her the minute I met her.
On Sunday we went to church with the three oldest kids and then drove to Houston. In Houston we had a full household! And I mean full! We had over 15 people sleeping in a four bedroom house.
Needless to say, I kept making all 8 children keep going outside to play. We did not all get together so that they could play video games or watch TV all day, especially with so many people in the house. I think Sam and Ian appreciated it, some of the kids not so much.
All in all it was a great weekend, and look how adoarable the newest addition to the Scharn family is......


0 comments:
Post a Comment