For our 2 year anniversary (in December), Sean told me that one of my presents was a weekend get away. I didn't have to plan anything and I wouldn't have to worry about a substititue at the temple. It only took about 3 months but it finally happened.
Sean decided he would make it a surprise on where we were going, he chose Lake Arrowhead. Now mind you, it was fun and beautiful but the ride up there was not on my favorite list! I kept imagining we were in a James Bond movie and someone was going to drive us off the road into oblivion. Luckily we made it to our Bed and Breakfast "Fleur De Lac" safely. We instantly laid in our bed and took a two hour nap.....I am blaming it on the rough ride up the mountain.
After our nap we went out for pizza, it is Sean' favorite meal and then went back to our room for some relaxation.
The next morning we woke up to an amazing breakfast of starberry waffles, eggs, and sausage. I gobbled it up because I knew we had a long day ahead of us. We had decided to go geocaching. I know if you have never heard of it before the word sounds weird. But this amazing thing came into our lives via Hunter B. People go around and hide little "treasures" in random places, they then post it ona site and you try and find them. I am pretty sure we are experts now because we found 4 in less than an hour, YEAY TEAM CORNWELL!
I was a little upset though because all of them were just on the side of the road, I wanted an adventure, I wanted a hike, I wanted a treasure hunt!
I decided since I had not been able to go for a hike that I would find one and that would be it. We found a hike online and decided we woudl go to a french place to grab some sandwhiches and fruit so that we could have a picnic on our hike. After about 5 minutes in, Sean and I thought we should look to see if there were any caches on the trail.....guess what? The trail we picked had 11 caches, FINALLY I was getting my treasure hunt!
The hike was a long one, so we found 4 and then decided to turn around and go home to get ready for our romantic dinner, but we ended up fingind a total of 9 geocaches this past weekend. We are pros, tkae that Hunter!
After our dinner on the lake, we went back to our hotel and relaxed because we knew we had to get up early to head back to SD for our amazing Easter Sunday with the Cornwell's.
All in all it was amazing weekend, een though I did see my life flash before my eyes a few times on the ride up to Lake Arrowhead. Oh and we found our next home in Lake Arrowhead, but I will only go back if Sean flies me there, I am not making that drive again! Sean's favorite part of our new "home" is the 30 car garage with a turn table, I know one of his dreams!
Wednesday, April 3, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment