I have always loved holidays. Especially when they are a day that nobody really celebrates. Now I know Pioneer day is a big day in Utah, but in San Diego there is not much going on. I decided that we should embrace Pioneer Day for mutual. I decided we are going to make home made butter, taffy and maybe even bread! But that meant I had to try making it myself first to make sure that it works.
So first things first, making butter only using a baby jar. Sounds a little crazy, but I promise it works, and it only takes a few minutes. What do you do? Use a clean baby jar, fill the jar about half way, cover with the lid and shake. At first I thought I messed up because I felt like I was only making whipped cream. But once you get to the point that you don't feel any movement in the jar, and it is all white....keep shaking about another minutes and then all of a sudden....boom, you have butter and some butter milk left in the bottom of the jar. Try it I promise it works.
2nd try making bread. I have made bread before and I know it takes a few hours because the dough has to rise. So I looked and found two different biscuits, and one of them uses seven up, crazy right?!?!?!??! Well they turned out pretty well. Check out the pictures below. The ones in the 9x9 pan are the ones made with seven up. Now I know they didn't have 7 up back in the day, but they seemed fun!




0 comments:
Post a Comment