1) How long do you think I have been going to Utah? ABout three years.
2) How many times I have gone to Utah? Easily double digits
3) How close does Sean's grandpa live from Temple Square? One block
4) How much do I love the Mormon Tabernacle Choir? A ridiculous amount
So why have I never been before Memorial Day Weekend? I HAVE NO IDEA! I have always wanted to go but it was either conference weekend, or wedding weekend, or something else. Finally I got a chance to go! I was so excited! Sean and I walked to the tabernacle to meet his parents outside. We were affraid it was going to rain on us again just as badly as it had the day before, but luckily there was only a sprinkle or two. When we saw Jeff and Liz they proceeded to tell me that memorial day weekend they have a dedication to the veterans and the soldiers. I had no idea! I was even more excited! As we sat down I realized just how blesses I was to have the amazing husband, family, and life that I have; including an amazing brother who is deployed right now. Hearing the amazing songs and the messages brought tears to most people, including someone who shall remain nameless but I have only seen cry once. I normally love Memorial Day weekend because it is the start of the summer, but this year it reminded me of how grateful I am to live in this country and how proud I am of my brother.
Thank you Ian! We love and miss you!

0 comments:
Post a Comment