CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, October 30, 2010

BYU Adventure

Ok, so after hearing people with so many stories about going to BYU I was starting to feel a little left out. Yes I did go to college but I didn't get to experience what everybody else got to experience. So when I was planning my trip to Provo for Halloween weekend I decided that I would not let Sean skip class, and that instead I would go with him to class. One of the classes I was actually pretty excited about because I knew that I would have some knowledge of what the professor was talking about (material science). So in I walk into the classroom with Sean, and he proceeds to go to almost the first row.....who does that??!?!?!??! I most definitely did not, I liked sitting close to that back so that I would never get called one for any answers. So i am sitting in class, and Sean proceeds to introduce me to some of the people he sits next to. I am actually kind of grateful because I realize that I will not be the only girl in the class so I wouldn't stand out much. All of a sudden Sean says, "hey, meet Emerson". I turn around, and I instantly think, I know this guy, but instead I say, "Hi, I am Sondra". He then proceeds to say "Sondra Steele?". He turned out to be on of the missionaries that served in my ward a few months after I was baptised (which is also Sean's home ward) AND he is in one of Sean's groups. I look at him and say "I am engaged to Sean Cornwell". He is kind of shocked because he never even knew that Sean was from Encinitas.....SMALL WORLD. As we are talking I look over Emerson's shoulder and see Amanda Wright, who I had no idea was a mechanical engineer and much less in a class with my fiance! I look at her and she almost screams "Sondra!". It was pretty crazy that within the first 5 minutes of being in a BYU classroom I already knew 2 people. Anywho, class gets started and I realize I actually know everything in the class because it is literally a chemistry class. :D fun for me!

We then went to a humanities class, where I really started to realize that I have not been in an undergrad class in 5 years, and the level coarse it was I had not been in 7 years! No wonder I felt like some of these students were acting a little immature. I mean the last time I was in class people would NEVER ask about how to get extra credit! We only had two grades in those classes, your mid term and your final....that was way different!

Anywho, the experience was great but I don't know if I will ever want to go get another bachelors degree, maybe a masters but never another bachelors....I as in class with some 19 year olds, that was way to intense for me!

0 comments: