CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Strength

It seems that a person gains strength from places you do not expect to gain strength from. I always said that going to church every sunday was something everybody needed to do because as soon as you are drained from fighting all your fights you need to get rejuvinated from the lord. I missed church a few weeks ago because I was in FL planning my cousins wedding, and church was not in her plans so I didn't get to go. Boy was that hard, all of a sudden it seemed like it was harder to fight the daily battles that a person has. At work we LOVE chocolate, we have some EVERYDAY (I know I know I think I am going to gain my freshman 15 now that I am done with school : P). Anyway, we were handing around small pieces of dove chocolate. If you ever look on the inside of the label there is a little message, mine said the following;
Keep the promises you make yourself.
WOW! Talk about AMAZING advice from the most unexpected place. This definately kept me going for the rest of the week until church came around again. Even though I had gained some strength it seemed like the important people in my life realized there was something going on. I didn't realize byt my text messages were not detailed like usual, which if you know me you know I LOVE TEXTING. So when I showed up at church there were a few people coming up to me and asking me how I was doing. I kep saying fine, but I think they knew better then that. Well then it came time for sacrament, and I just started crying my eyes out! I didn't expect it, but Brianne (my backbone) was there and hekd me together, UNTIL she went and gave her testimony. That was the hardest thing ever. She was saying things that trully were affecting me, so I had to go up next, and obviously I cried; BUT it was one of the best days at church.
Thank you Brianne you are AMAZING and my backbone :D



2 comments:

Brianne said...

um...pretty much you rock! you are so great and seriously an example to ME, not the other way around!!!!

Amy said...

Love the message in your post. :-)