About 6 weeks ago I was asked to be part of FHE committee. I was so excited to be asked to be part of it since I LOVE FHE, and love planning events, and love it when people get together. For the first few weeks there wasn't much for me to do since everything had already been planned so I just had to bring some things every now and then. Well last week Amera, Brett and I sat down to figure out what we were going to be doing this summer, and Amera put me in charge of this passed FHE.
Planning started out GREAT. We had already picked the activity, and the speaker, and treats are always easy. So we decided to make paper airplanes and have different contests so that prizes would be handed out.
Everything seems like it is planned great right!??!?! WRONG
I went and bought treats for FHE and then my family ate them all. I learned that someone claimed they had bought them so it was ok to eat them, when in reality I had bought them. Next the person who was supposed to give a spiritual talk had to take his grandparents to the airport so out speaker canceled a few hours before FHE, so here I am trying to figure out what I can do so that there is a spiritual message. Then I realize that I have not made a paper airplane in YEARS, I do not even remember how to make one so how can I expect someone else to remember to make one? So I decided to go online and print instructions to building different paper airplanes. OK by this time I am thinking everything that could go wrong has gone wrong. AGAIN I WAS MISTAKEN. The instructions printed wrong so half of them had been lost, so I had to go back and find the instructions one more time. Then I am told that the rest of the people in the committee won't be able to make it because of different legitimate reasons, so there won't be a key UNLESS someone who used to be on the committee comes. No big deal, I will make sure he shows up. So I call and he says yes he will be there (did I mention that I forgot to tell him we needed the keys?). So he shows up, YEAY key problem solved right? WRONG! He didn't think about bringing the keys because he is not on committee anymore....
It's ok though, there is one more person on his way and he will have keys!
So finally we can start FHE (only 15 min late) which is apparently normal and right on time :D and people had a blast and there were treats, and instructions, and a spiritual message!
So note to self......PLAN BETTER AND MORE IN ADVANCE :D
Wednesday, June 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment