




A lot of Catholic countries celebrate Kings Day instead of Christmas with Santa. On Christmas Eve people in cathlic countries go to mass at midnight, but that's all they celebrate, there are no presents the following day. They get presents on the day that was predicted when the Three Kings Of Orient Far made it to Jesus Christ (January 6th). As a child I loved the holidays because I celebrated the hlidays the danish way, the american way, and the spanish/catholic way. It's a whole lot of family time over a six week period :D. We never went to school on Kings Day since it was a religious holiday. After growing up with Kings Day for the first 12 years of my life, it is hard to not continue celebrating it. So today is Kings Day, and yes I had to come to work today, but we still are hacing the celebrations at my house. So last night I made a bunch of cookies to bring to work today, it wouldn't feel like a holiday at work if there wasn't some kind of treat :D I also bought my mommy a few presents which are supposed to be left by your shoes, but my mommy was up before me so I didn't get a chance to put them in their place in time. It is starting to feel more like a holiday now (even though I did have to go to the dentist this morning). I can't wait until I have children so that I can continue on the celebrations. In Spain they alays have a huge parade the day before, which I won't be able to do, but we will have the official Kings Eve dinner, mashed potaties and sausage (it's what the kings eat). ANYWHO.....I just wanted to let you gusy know about Kings Day and wish all of you
HAPPY KINGS DAY!
Here is a video of the parade
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XG_3A_If2A0

0 comments:
Post a Comment